What is Blogging, and Why is a Great Career Path for People with ADHD?
Chances are your ADHD has given you a creativity you absolutely need to share. How could we have a career doing what we love and keeps us interested, and with our own ADHD ways? By blogging about it!
Blogging is like running a magazine, on the clouds …, but with all the elements, people and tasks a magazine has: think about writers, editors, people pitching ideas, photographers, an advertisement department, a printing machine!
It’s a lot… But who multitasks like we do? Plus, it can give us a lot too:
- no bosses; our own rhythm;
- a playground for our wildest thoughts and creativity;
- total control over our career; money.
- No deadlines but our own, no commitment but our own;
- no freaking boxes.
If you look for the best jobs, career paths, for people with ADHD, you’ll find advices such us:
- “aim for originality” (artists, inventors, all things creative) And how do you put yourself out there these days? With a blog!
- “work for yourself”; ditto
Additude Mag published a list of professions that “make the most of ADD attributes like empathy, energy, enthusiasm, and hyperfocus under pressure;” and most of those professions, can be practiced by oneself. What would these professionals do to promote their enterprises? They would open a blog / website.
There is a lot written out there, but you know it and I know it: we need to let loose our creativity, take risks; we need pressure, to learn new things; and running a blog – to do what we love – gives us nothing, but that.